my time after awhile

Apparently blogs are supposed to be updated more than once or twice every few months, so Tex and I are making at least a lip service effort to be more consistent. Only the best for you. Today's theme isn't quite as focused as the last one was, in fact, this one could be better described as 'things I kinda dig.'

So, take some time out of your day to get lost in Frank Jacobs's blog Strange Maps.


As a primer, start with Jacobs's own map, US States Renamed for Countries with Similar GDPs, then move on a metro map of French wines, a map of the world's countries rearranged by population, and what appears to be a real treasure map. But don't stop there, Jacobs has collected a fascinating, and still growing, tome that's easy to get lost in.

If you know me at all then you've almost certainly heard me rage against those scourges of urban life: cyclists (I don't care if you're saving the planet you still have to follow traffic laws like everyone else); but you've probably also let me talk you into watching a movie, or several, starring one or more of these guys, which is why you won't be surprised to see that my love for the latter has outweighed my anger towards the former.


Rides a Bike features the biggest stars of Hollywood's Golden Age riding bikes. And dammit, I just can't hate Clint Eastwood, even if he is riding down the middle of the street.


Lastly we have Hot Guys Reading Books.


Which shouldn't require any selling on my part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lives Matter: A Call to Allies

Black Lives Matter

all prep everything